Bioidentical Hormones for Women
Soldotna Alaska Menopause Doctor, Robert Ledda, M.D. and his staff at Cenegenics Alaska knows that as a woman, you learn to nurture others from a young age. While caring for your children, spouse, and loved ones comes naturally, it may be harder for you to spend time and resources caring for yourself. This is especially true as you enter into perimenopause and then complete menopause. You try not to complain and just live with the symptoms the best you can. However, you must make caring for yourself a priority in order to overcome symptoms related to hormonal imbalance in order to get the most out of your life. Whether you are already well into menopausal years, or you are experiencing hormone decline for another reason, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapies available today offer alternative treatments for a wide variety of medical conditions.
Robert Ledda, M.D. is an experienced Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy practitioner, and can help you to feel refreshed and recharged in no time! Call Soldotna, Alaska Menopause Doctor, Robert Ledda, M.D. today to see if a custom tailored Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is the solution for you.
Conditions Treated with Bioidentical Hormones
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can be used to successfully help treat and alleviate the symptoms of the following conditions:
- This is the time in a woman’s life where the transition towards menopause begins, and usually starts in her early 40’s. This can occur earlier, however, and sometimes a woman may not even know that they have entered this stage of their life. An imbalance in hormones can cause mood swings, weight gain, decreased sex drive, and a decreased quality of life. Some women understand the importance of optimal hormonal balance within the body, and start to take control as early as they can. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy has been used to treat women entering perimenopause to balance the hormones that help relieve her of any symptoms she may have.
- This is the stage in a woman’s life when her reproductive organs begin to make less estrogen and progesterone, and her supply of eggs is eventually depleted. During this time, a woman may experience discomfort due to the symptoms brought on by natural menopause. These include hot flashes, night sweats, irritability, mood swings, insomnia, loss of libido, and more. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy helps to restore the body’s optimum hormone levels so that women can transition into menopause without discomfort.
- Estrogen and progesterone are an important factor in keeping the bone density at a healthy level. These hormones help to keep the body strong, and without the proper balance, the body can feel frail and fragile. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy helps to keep these hormones in balance to help with the symptoms of osteoporosis. This helps women maintain healthy, active lifestyles without having to live day-to-day with cautionary actions, such as not choosing to partake in exercise because of bone fragility.
- If you have a hard time sleeping, cannot stay asleep for an entire night, or sleeping aids are not a solution for you, then it may be an imbalance in the hormones within your body. Hormones like progesterone and testosterone help in balancing the body’s functions. Sleep is so important for the body to feel recharged and ready for each day, and not feeling that refreshed feeling can wear out a person. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy helps to restore those depleted levels of hormones, ultimately allowing the patient to enjoy sleeping once again.
Benefits of Hormone Replacement Therapy
There are more ways that Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help patients with other types of symptoms. These include:
- Slow down the aging process overall
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Improve brain functions like memory and concentration
- Promote healthy cholesterol levels
- Enhance sex drive and libido
- Accelerate fat loss within the body
- Reduce night sweats
- Help relieve depression-like symptoms
- Minimize the intensity of mood swings
- Promote healthy blood sugar levels
- Supports immune health
Here at Cenegenics Alaska, we can help you feel young and recharged again! We educate our patients in the benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, and answer any questions they may have.